IT Lösningar IT Säkerhet Datorforensic
Vill du reagera på det här meddelandet? Registrera dig för forumet med några klick eller logga in för att fortsätta.

How To Install KDE Plasma 5 On Kubuntu 14.04, Kubuntu 14.10 And Linux Mint 17 KDE

Gå ner

How To Install KDE Plasma 5 On Kubuntu 14.04, Kubuntu 14.10 And Linux Mint 17 KDE Empty How To Install KDE Plasma 5 On Kubuntu 14.04, Kubuntu 14.10 And Linux Mint 17 KDE

Inlägg av Admin mån jul 21, 2014 5:53 pm

Hello Linux Geeksters.
As you may know, KDE Plasma 5 has been released a while ago, being created in Qt5 and KDE Frameworks 5.
KDE Plasma 5 comes with many important apps ported in Qt5, the new Kicker Menu, a new default theme called Breeze and new wallpapers, new monochrome icons, support for hardware acceleration via OpenGL and OpenGL ES, an updated KDM (KDE display manager) and an enhanced lockscreen, among other changes implemented.
For more information about KDE Plasma 5, read the official announcement and watch the below video.
Before I go further with the installation steps, you should know that both the PPAs for Ubuntu 14.04 and Linux Mint 17 KDE and Ubuntu 14.10 are unstable and may brick your system. Also, KDE Plasma 5 is not yet ready to be used as default, because it still has some issus that need to be fixed.
In this article I will show you how to install KDE Plasma 5 on Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr, Kubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn and Linux Mint 17 Qiana KDE .
KDE Plasma 5 is available for Ubuntu 14.04 and Linux Mint 17 KDE via the Neon PPA and for Kubuntu 14.10 via the Kubuntu Next PPA, so installing it is easy.
Follow the instructions for your system and architecture exactly, in order to get a successful installation.
How to install KDE Plasma 5 on Ubuntu 14.04 and Linux Mint 17 KDE:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:neon/kf5

$ sudo apt-get update

$ sudo apt-get install project-neon5-session project-neon5-utils project-neon5-konsole project-neon5-breeze project-neon5-plasma-workspace-wallpapers
Optional, to remove the changes, do:
$ sudo apt-get install ppa-purge

$ sudo ppa-purge ppa:neon/kf5
How to install KDE Plasma 5 on Ubuntu 14.10:
$ sudo apt-add-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/next

$ sudo apt-get update

$ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

$ sudo apt-get install kubuntu-plasma5-desktop plasma-workspace-wallpapers
Optional, to remove the changes, do:
$ sudo apt-get install ppa-purge

$ sudo ppa-purge ppa:kubuntu-ppa/next

Admin